We refer to the latest post by WP Valley (in Chinese), and the following Google translated version of the sites.
Siteground may be the first wave among many others to stop offering cPanel for their client.
Why? cPanel changed its licensing model and charging Per Account Basis besides the price increased monthly base cPanel price. Per cPanel Account $0.20 – $0.45 per month has to bear by a hosting company.
Refer to our previous post here:
Hosts are either migrating, or some are still bouncing around decision.
What is the actual impact to you as a cPanel User?
Impact if your host decided to change away from cPanel
– New Learning Curve
– Unable to easily migrate to other host (which majority still using cPanel)
– May not have the common tools like Softaculous, Website Builder Attracta SEO, Cloudflare integration etc. that designed and commonly used together with cPanel
– Performance, backup and compatibility issues
Impact if your host decided to stay with cPanel
– No more FREE DNS Hosting, since the cost is USD 0.20- 0.45 per cPanel account monthly
– No more FREE / Low Cost cPanel Hosting
– Price up for all paid cPanel accounts
– If you are using VPS, no more FREE bundling or unlimited cPanel Account
– If you are cPanel Reseller Hosting Account users, no more unlimited account options and the price is expected to increase
Do you like your host to stay with cPanel ? We at Big Domain would like to know too.